Happy New Year!
I took December off, for two reasons: to enjoy the holiday season and because my online posts are catching up too quickly to my hand-written notebook. This was to be expected, as I have a huge backlog of books, articles, and quotes which I have not had the opportunity to fully add to my notebook - and it's going to get worse because I have to edit my second book: Frank's Notebook Volume 2!
The first post of the new year gives a few pointers on how to approach body language. While reading body language is more of an art than a science, this little list may be useful for helping to determine whether your friends or family are telling the truth about keeping their New Year's resolutions...
- Standing tall with shoulders back.
- Solid eye contact, with "smiling" eyes.
- Purposeful and deliberate gestures.
- Slow, clear speech with a moderate or low tone.
- Gestures close to body or arms crossed.
- Minimal facial expressions.
- Eyes maintain little contact, or are downcast.
- Head down.
- Eyes glazed or focused elsewhere.
- Figeting hands, or writing / doodling.
- Slumped posture.
- Pupils are constricted end eyes maintain little to no contact, or move rapidly.
- Hands or fingers in front of mouth when talking.
- Voice changes in pitch / stammering / throat clearing.