May 27, 2014

Some Definitions (part 3)

Every now and again I run across some concepts of which I do not want to forget. They may be simple or elaborate. At any rate, I include them so that I have some reference; given the state of my memory I think this may be a good thing!

The Hard-Easy Effect: A bias that occurs when, based on a specific level of difficulty on a given task, subjective judgments do not accurately reflect the true difficulty of the task. Subjects tend to be over-confident in the face of hard tasks and under-confident in the face of easy ones.

The Agentic State Theory: The essence of obedience consists in the fact that a person comes to view themselves as the instrument for carrying out another person's wishes, and they therefore no longer see themselves as responsible for their own actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment