October 7, 2013

Larry Winget's 5 Tips to Fix Your Screwed-up Life

A few months back I decided that I wanted to write my own self-help book in 2014. It was June 2013 and I had read numerous books and compiled pages upon pages of notes. I've applied the principles and advice from all of these sources to my own life and have seen staggering results in so many areas - and I want to share that information with others (which is why I publish my notes on the internet).

I contemplated many titles, including "Stop Whining and Succeed" which I really liked, until my mentor told me that it was very similar to a book which already exists, "Shut Up, Stop Whining and Get a Life" by Larry Winget. He showed me a YouTube video of Larry - it was love at first sight! Finally someone who doesn't coddle his audience, but motivates them by helping them to understand how stupid people can be!

Larry will always hold a special place in my heart, as I continue to read his books. Here I am presenting a small list called "5 Tips to Fix Your Screwed-up Life".
  1. Know where you are - Know exactly how much you make and spend. Write it down.
  2. Establish priorities - Spend your time and money towards your priorities.
  3. Establish a budget - Live by it. Don't give yourself any excuses.
  4. Cash only
  5. Keep a journal - Write down what you spend on everything, every day.
These things may seem simple, but they are highly effective! These five principles, along with what I will be presenting in a few posts from The Millionaire Next Door have really helped me realize where I am financially, where I need to be, and what steps to take to start getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment