October 28, 2013

3 Lessons from "Shut Up, Stop Whining, and Get a Life"

Larry Winget, as I mentioned before, is one of my favorite self-help writers / speakers. Here I present three lessons I learned from his book, "Shut Up, Stop Whining, and Get a Life" - I believe that these three lessons form the core of where he is coming from:
  1. Stop whining and take responsibility for the events in your life. 
    • Life is filled with great stuff and horrible crap. Celebrate the good and deal with the bad.
    • You cannot solve your problems when you are too busy whining.
    • Instead of complaining, develop a plan.
  2. Stupidity, laziness, and indifference create failures. 
    • Move beyond laziness.
    • Further your education - there are plenty of free and obtainable resources.
    • Clean up your thoughts and speech, and you will clean up your life
  3. Be realistic.
    • Everyone makes mistakes.
    • Own up, fix it, and move on. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment