August 27, 2013

From "8 Pieces of Professional Advice I Didn't Want but Definitely Needed" by Jeff Haden

Jeff Haden is one of my favorite bloggers because he seems to talk about so much that I am experiencing myself, and offer great - and oftentimes unique - ideas. Here I present the most important (at least to me) five elements from his collection of eight:
  1. Express your individuality on your own time - Maintaining your integrity is vital, but there is a difference between staying true to yourself and just being yourself.
  2. Face value has no value - There is always more to the story. Don't fail to look deeper.
  3. They're just as scared as you - The playing field is always more level than it seems.
  4. Shut up - Realize that sometimes you're talking only because you are interested in what you're saying. Never speak just to please yourself.
  5. Pick something you believe in and stick to it - Choose something you can do that actually helps you perform better, and start doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment