February 5, 2014

Holstee Manifesto

When I first read this, I fell in instant love with it. I printed it out and it now hangs at my desk - a continual reminder about how I should live my life.

The story behind the Holstee Manifesto is short and quite interesting. Holstee, a start-up founded in Brooklyn in 2009, sat down (as many companies do) and formed a quick manifesto - a mission statement, if you will - about what they stood for. They put it on their site and then forgot that it even existed (like so many companies also do). Visitors to the site found it. It struck a chord. It became posted all over social media as other people encountered it and resonated with it.

And then one day Holstee woke up and found that their greatest product wasn't the apparel they were selling, but the idea that their manifesto encapsulated. And so they began selling it and using it and enterprising upon it and now it is their greatest selling product.

Read it for yourself and discover why:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8jMNydU8Dk3Zkt2UF9VY2N6Q3c/edit?usp=sharing
(click the photo for a .PDF copy)

No comments:

Post a Comment