September 22, 2015

Memory Loss: 7 Tips to Improve Your Memory

Memory loss - this is a biggie for me. I'm constantly forgetting people, places, things; sometimes even my own birthday! So when I ran across this article at the Mayo Clinic website, I just had to have it in my notebook...
---
  1. Stay Mentally Active
    • Mentally stimulating activities help keep your brain in shape.
  2. Socialize Regularly
    • It helps ward off depression and stress - both of which can contribute to memory loss.
  3. Get Organized
    • Jot down tasks, appointments, etc., and repeat each entry out loud to help "cement" it in your memory.
    • Set aside certain places for your wallet, keys, etc.
  4. Sleep Well
    • It plays an important role in memory consolidation for later recall.
  5. Eat a Healthy Diet
    • Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat protein sources like fish, lean meats, and skinless poultry.
  6. Include Physical Activity in Your Routine
    • It increases blood flow to the brain.
  7. Manage Chronic Conditions
    • Follow your doctor's recommendations.
    • The better you care for yourself, the better your memory is likely to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment