September 15, 2015

Landmark!

On January 7th, 2013 I was given a Moleskine notebook by my then supervisor, Rodney. He told me to write within it things which would help me learn and grow. Inside the front cover he beautifully drew:


And thus I have tried to abide by that idea. During the course of 2013 and 2014 I filled the notebook at a rate of one page per week, with content which has helped me grow immensely. At the end of 2014 I finished filling up 104 pages and began a new notebook.

Today is the day I officially retire the original notebook. As of today, I have written 141 posts and exhausted its content. A day of celebration! Next week I will begin my posts from the new notebook.

This final post is a quote, and I think it is perfect to close out the book (which is why I chose it), as it defines exactly what I have had to do throughout the course of keeping this notebook.
---

"First, have a definite, clear, practical ideal; a goal, an objective. Second, have the necessary means to achieve your ends; wisdom, money, materials, and methods. Third, adjust all your means to that end."

No comments:

Post a Comment